Thursday, January 23, 2020

fake it til you make it, out of your comfort zone, phobic; reverse it and just go crazy to start it up

Whether it is going out to interview for jobs, starting a new hobby, going to social fairs, or dealing with social fears.

Many of us do not look forward to mundane things such as going out for a job that is just for money, not love. So we have to hype ourselves up for it, build our happiness and confidence, then our outside reflects it, then we go out and rock it.

I am probably not good at any of the jobs I have done in my life. I am an observer. When people do not speak to the observer, the observer reflects on a story to tell, filling that empty space.
  • I once fell on a well-used auto road-foot swelled up as big as a football, had to get tetanus shot.
  • One weekend I was supposed to go for a bridesmaid dress fitting-my face swelled up like my foot, had to have 2 teeth removed at an emergency clinic who would not release me until the payment was borrowed and pulled out from various atms. 
  • Husband got shingles for Thanks Giving, the year we had the fire and lost the cat-I promptly got chickenpox for Christmas and New Years.
  • Once received a keychain with a thunderbird on it-a state away, I supposedly meet the maker of the mold while working at a Pastry Shoppe Store front, other customers gave me Pert for my hair, a ring for my finger, and my co-worker gave me garters, another story.
  • Was part of a local fanzine in the area I lived-got to speak to a lot of bands, got on a tour bus, tour sewerage plant, interview bouncers, and other odd duties as that persona.
  • Have portrayed English, Norse, German, Greek, and Scottish in a living history organization-I know how to blacksmith, make cording and clothes, apply calligraphy and illumination to a scroll...
  • I met my husband online-before the internet existed for the public.
  • Gargled a snot-form of codeine for a swollen throat-prescribed by doctor at a free emergency room.
  • Filled sink with hotel ice while vacationing to save food from a restaurant for the next days' breakfast.
  • I worked at a photolab and at a customer service-handful of stories there, pictures were monitored and reported if need be.
  • Was hit on the forehead with a baseball bat when I was 4-he was about 12 and hitting my pitches, teased in school over it, but honestly don't think people even notice it anymore.
  • Rode a motorcycle for a while-saved a lot of gas, but always fixing the loose chain after a low turn.
  • Sat down inside-only to find a bee had got there first and was plunging a stinger into my rear.
  • Rushed husband to hospital once when he broke his finger while cleaning the bed frame.
  • Used to get small photo jobs for side money-removing cords from product pictures, collages.
  • Fate brought me and my best friend back together 4 times during 30 years-FL, Woe, Char, FB.
  • Also portrayed a Roma in the living history crowd as a merchant-teas, games, soaps, jewellery, now do this on the side for the summers at farmer markets.
  • Spent a year celebrating "day of"-make a musical instrument day resulted in a horseshoe and copper wire sistrum.






No comments:

Post a Comment